Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 43: Washington to Confluence: 91 miles

More hills in Pennsylvania


Our most exciting stop of the day...possibly of the entire trip It wasn't open...and we're not really sure what it was...and we had to go out of our way to get there...but awesome!!!


Amy was so exciting she decided to point at the sign. You can decide for yourself which finger she is using...


I was so focused on reading the cue sheet so that we wouldn't miss this amazing stop that I nearly ran into Amy and Deidre and then fell over. But there was no way I was missing the Aquatorium so I kept reading that cue sheet even while I was lying on the ground:)


A former rider did a lunch stop for us which was much appreciated. The guy at the BBQ shop said he figured I'd be the last one to get there because I wouldn't have any energy because I'm gluten free. He figured it would be the meat eaters, the vegetarians, and then me:)


I met a Hawkeye fan in Pennsylvania!! He did his graduate work in art education at Iowa so he even recognized my Grant Wood jersey.


Low ground clearance and free antibiotics! It's like Christmas in August


Off the roads and on to the trails.


No comments:

Post a Comment