Friday, April 13, 2012

Tofu-licious

With the end of the school year just around the corner and the list of stuff I should be getting done piling up, I decided the best way to spend my afternoon was making tofu! I hadn't made it since last summer in Japan, where it went alright but left plenty of room for improvement. So I bought some organic soybeans, broke out the vita-mix, dusted off my tofu press, and went to work.

The vita-mix was much more successful than the tiny-semi-food processor I used to grind up my beans in Japan (which I overflowed, nearly flooded, and didn't even really grind all that well).

Separating out the okara and soy milk. It was so hot I was wishing I had rock hands to speed up the process...

One of the few positive uses for pop...serving as the weight for the tofu mold.

Ta-da! I made a smoothie with part of it the next day, and it seemed successful. Now I need to get working on the okara recipe:)

No comments:

Post a Comment