Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Off to DM

I decided to go to Des Moines to visit Allison, and of course thought it would be a great idea to ride my bike. Of course it was about 100 degrees outside. But, at least when you're biking you always have a breeze (and the shade of the brim)!

Loaded and ready to go!


Some typical Iowa scenery.



Even the cows were looking for a place to cool off.


I found a siamese cherry!


My wonderful camping spot for night one, about halfway to Des Moines.



Early day 2 started off with a beautiful sunrise.



I evidently didn't have much motivation to take pictures, because this is my only other one from the day.  The hilly afternoon was exhausting, but I kept myself going by saying "I'll be able to see Des Moines at the top of this hill" over and over again.  Basically I learned I'm extremely convincing, because I believed myself every time.



No comments:

Post a Comment