Thursday, August 16, 2012

Plumbing 101

I know that I should never buy anything without first asking if my mom has it at home first, but I am still amazed at what this woman can come up with.  When I was home last weekend, I told her that one of the pipes in our kitchen sink was in bad shape (wrapped with electrical tape, leaking, and about ready to fall off at any moment).  So we looked under her sink and I showed her where the problem was.  She seemed confident that we could easily fix the it.  Then she went out to the garage, started fiddling around, and sure enough, a few minutes later she returned with the exact part of the pipe we needed.  Maybe she snuck off to True Value to buy it and impress me, we may never know.  

Was I surprised? Yes.  
Should I have been?  No, I should know better by now.




Unfortunately we couldn't reuse a gasket from the old pipe so we ended up spending a whopping $4.27 to get the entire replacement set.   Here is the new, leak free set up in all its glory!






No comments:

Post a Comment