Friday, June 22, 2012

Off to Beloit

The day began with a break in the hills. It lasted about as long as it took to go through the Cheese museum (by which I mean not long).



Have you ever had your picture taken with a horse wearing overalls and milking boots?  I didn't think so!


This is the life.  Tired?  Relax under a tree.


The only gravel road we found in Wisconsin.  (for those of you non cyclists, this makes Wisconsin a bikers paradise...smooth, paved roads with little traffic)



Another major plus in Wisconsin, extremely well marked roads. 


And of course beautiful scenery:)


Our first taste of flat land in the last 90 miles.  It was glorious!


My mom celebrated our arrival at Tom and Terri's by "stretching" on the deck. (I promise, she's still alive)


 Tom and Terri, our awesome hosts for our night in Beloit.  And to be clear, they scored a 6 out of a possible 5 in hospitality, friendliness, and helpfulness.  (Tom was convinced we were spies sent by Denise.  Unfortunately I can neither confirm nor deny this...)



Tom and my mom bonded immediately through a love of maps. 



No comments:

Post a Comment